SharePoint Collaborative Web Space
SharePoint allows groups, such as a project team, class or department, to set up a centralized, password-protected online space for document sharing, event planning and other collaborative work.
Sites are initially limited to 500MB. However, more space through the ITCS service request system can be requested.
Go to http://ithelp.ecu.edu to submit a request for
- New SharePoint site
- Access for a non-ECU collaborator
ECU team member logs in to the new site using a PirateID and passphrase.
Each site includes document storage and management, a group calendar that can be conveniently added to an Outlook client, group email and more.
Is Firefox Not Working With Your SharePoint Site?
You may find that Firefox v30 for the Apple operating system is not working correctly with SharePoint 2010. Here are two solutions:
- Open Firefox v30
- Type "about:config" in the address bar
- Click the I'll be careful, I promise button
- Type "network.negotiate-auth.allow-insecure-ntlm-v1" in the search
- Double-click on the item to change it to "true"
- Restart Firefox
Downgrade to Firefox v29
- Quit Firefox
- Open Finder and click the Applications folder
- Highlight Firefox
- Under "settings" choose "Get Info"
- Change Firefox to Firefox30
- Go to https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/ozilla.org/firefox/releases/
- Scroll down to folder 29.0b9/ and click to open (BIC users need to use version 28.0b9)
- Go to the mac/ folder and click to open
- Go to the en-US/ folder and click to open
- Click the Firefox 28.0b9.dmg file to download
- You can have both versions in your Applications folder, but they cannot be the same name or run at the same time
- Launch the older version. Is BIC useable now?
- If yes, go into Firefox's preferences and set the autoupdating option to never. This is temporary.
Occasionally, Mac users have difficulty utilizing SharePoint's features. VMWare or Boot Camp might be required for full functionality.
There is a collaborative tool in Office 2008 (EWS), called the Microsoft Document Connection Tool, that allows Mac users to edit documents in SharePoint.