Electronic Resources Librarian - #942042
Known for its leadership in distance learning and its mission to serve, J.Y. Joyner Library, East Carolina University (ECU) seeks applicants for the position of Electronic Resources Librarian. The successful candidate will be a member of the Library's Electronic Resources Department and will report to the Head of Electronic Resources. The person in this position will work closely with others in the Electronic Resources Department and the ECU Libraries to effectively manage the Libraries' expanding electronic resource collections.
- Coordinate the management of the electronic resource life cycle by: administering the electronic resources management system, coordinating timely investigations and resolution of electronic resource access problems, communicating with vendors, co-administering the Library's proxy server, assisting with license agreements, and filling other electronic resource management duties as needed.
- Participate in the administration, optimization, and integration of the Library's web-scale discovery service, link resolver, e-journal/e-book portal, database list, and other systems for the discovery and access of collections.
- Participate in the development of short and long-term goals related to discovery and access of electronic resources.
- Monitor trends in access and discovery and recommend appropriate enhancements in the Library's systems and interfaces.
- Serve as a member of library committees and collaborate with other ECU libraries.
- ALA-accredited master's degree or international equivalent in library or information science granted by start date.
- Knowledge of practices used by libraries for the discovery of electronic resources.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Aptitude for learning new technology.
- Aptitude for detail-oriented work.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a complex, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
- Ability to balance priorities and meet deadlines.
- Commitment to provide outstanding service to library user communities.
- Academic library experience.
- Experience or coursework involving the management of electronic resources in libraries.
- Knowledge of current models, practices, and tools used by academic libraries for the acquisition of electronic resources.
- Knowledge of tools used in electronic resource management.
- Knowledge of metadata standards related to the access and discovery of electronic resources.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with an ability to utilize data-informed decision making processes.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Demonstrated interest in scholarly communications initiatives.
All Applicants must apply online:
Please attach a resume, cover letter and list of three references (include email, complete mailing addresses and phone numbers).
This is a renewable 12-month contract position with faculty status. $45,000 minimum salary with a comprehensive fringe benefits package. Subsequent contract renewal is subject to university hiring guidelines.
Copies of MLS transcripts will be requested at a later date, if invited for an on campus interview.
ECU seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff, and administration. Academic Library Services strongly encourages applicants from women, minorities, and historically underrepresented groups.
Apply for this Position