Academic Library Services
Statement of Progress 2003-2004
An annual report and strategic plan for ALS is put at www.lib.ecu.edu each year under departments/administrative services.
Briefly, the 2003-2004 goals accomplished were:
1. An educators card and educator’s resource room for the Teaching Resource Center (TRC) were completed. In line with the campus goals, an outreach coordinator was hired and multiple programs initiated in the TRC.
2. A major gift endowment for the TRC was received from Betty Debnam and recognized with programs during Founder’s Week.
3. The SFX software system linking journal citations directly to full text articles for both Laupus and Joyner was installed by library systems.
4. The Java City coffee bar was constructed for grand opening in the Fall. The first floor area will take on a “Barnes and Noble” appearance when school begins.
5. A 33% increase in grants received was recorded and a major federal grant submitted.
6. The ALS faculty leave issue was concluded with a new policy.
7. Personal goals of service on the Faculty Senate and Ledonia Wright Cultural Center Board were accomplished.