BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
As a member of the Friends of Joyner Library, you will receive a library card ($15 for non-members) that gives you access to the complete Joyner Library collection. You also will receive invitations to programs and receptions, an invitation to the group’s annual banquet and a newsletter subscription.
What Your Membership Supports
• Special Collections, a major research facility that includes the East Carolina Manuscript Collection, the Hoover Collection on International Communism, the Rare Book Collection and the University Archives..
• The Music Library, one of the largest in the state, is a branch of Joyner Library that maintains books, scores, periodicals and other media representative of all types and periods of music.
• The Teaching Resources Center includes the North Carolina Standard Course of Study, Department of Public Instruction publications, English as a Second Language (ESL) textbooks, children’s materials and other instructional media. The center is expanding to become a major resource to area teachers while maintaining its traditional services to the nationally recognized ECU College of Education.
• The Preservation and Conservation Unit supports the education, research and service missions of ECU by maintaining the usability, readability and sturdiness of the library’s collections through preventative preservation and conservation efforts.
• Verona Joyner Langford North Carolina Collection houses information pertaining to North Carolina including books, pamphlets, state documents, periodicals, maps, microforms, electronic databases, rare books and current newspapers.