For Distance Learners.......
Getting Articles from Joyner Library
Joyner Library offers online access to thousands of journals, magazines, and newspapers. Distance Learning students may also request articles through Interlibrary Services if no online access is available. If you are looking for articles on a particular topic, start with Pirate Source. If you have a citation and want to find out if Joyner Library has online access to the journal, use E-Journal Locator. If you need an article that isn't available online from Joyner, request it through Interlibrary Services.
- Electronic Resources (A list of online databases to find articles, etc. Many offer fulltext access.)
- Tips to help Find Articles on your topic
- Pirate Source (Use this to find online resources for particular academic fields.)
- E-Journal Locator (Use this to find out if Joyner has online access to a journal. Search for the title of the journal)
- If a journal is not available electronically online: To find out whether we have a journal in print, use the Joyner Library Catalog, as you would do for books, but search by "Journal Title Keyword" for the title of the journal you want (not the article title). If you live outside of Pitt County, Interlibrary Loan will procure the articles you request and mail them to you, whether they are owned by Joyner or not. Just as for books, use the Interlibrary Loan form ("Illiad") to request these: http://jill.lib.ecu.edu/illiad/logon.html
Please note: If you live in Pitt, you must come in to copy articles available in print in Joyner (or pick up articles in person that have been ordered for you). **Note: If asked for a user name and password while trying to access one of Joyner Library's databases, use your ECU e-mail USER ID and PASSWORD **
Questions? Contact Ask-A-Librarian