Donating Materials to the Music Library
The Music Library is a rich resource for not only the School of Music faculty, staff, and students, and the ECU campus community, but also for area residents and regional musicians and teachers. The Music Library greatly appreciates the interest and support of those who visit our facility, use our resources and services, and contribute to the library’s growth and development by making monetary gifts and materials donations. Gifts and donations add an important dimension to the continuing process of collection and facility development.
- enable the Music Library to develop targeted areas in support of new or growing programs.
- are used to purchase and/or preserve items of significant historical or regional importance.
- may be specified by an individual or organization for the purchase of music materials in honor or remembrance of someone, or to mark a special occasion. Music Library staff are happy to assist you in identifying items within your price range.
The Music Library accepts a variety of music-related materials. These include:
- compact discs
- video recordings
- back issues of periodicals
The Music Library does not accept the following materials:
- 78 rpm sound recordings
- LP sound recordings
Donors should know that the Music Library...
- reserves the right to choose which items are added to the collection. Materials that are not chosen may be included in a Library book sale, given to another library, or offered to library patrons at no charge.
- can not make a monetary appraisal of a gift for the use of the donor. If an appraisal is needed, the donor should have one done before the materials are donated. The Library will provide the donor with a letter of acknowledgment.
- can provide limited pickup for large donations when given sufficient advance notice.
For more information about gifts and donations to the Library, please contact:
David Hursh, Head Music Librarian
Judith Barber, Technical Services Manager