Timeline and Important Dates
November 2014-January 2015
March 3-7, 2015
End of March, 2015
What is the National Student Exchange?
National Student Exchange (NSE) offers you the opportunity to make progress toward your ECU degree while spending a semester or academic year at one of 170 other U.S. and Canadian colleges and universities, at a cost similar to what you are paying at ECU.
While on exchange, students do not only experience a diversity of educational settings, course offerings, and philosophies, but also develop an increased awareness of cultural and geographical differences within the U.S. and Canada and a better understanding of their own academic, professional, and personal goals.
Is NSE right for you?
· Do you feel a need to grow personally, academically, culturally, and socially?
· Are you adaptable to a short-term change?
· Do you have the individual responsibility to follow through with commitments?
· Are your goals consistent with the NSE program?
The minimum requirements for application are:
· Current full-time student (12 credits or more) enrollment at ECU
· Cumulative overall GPA of at least 3.0 at time of exchange
· No incomplete grades from previous terms
· Completion of at least 30 credits by the time of exchange
· Sophomore or junior standing at the time of exchange
· Must be in good conduct standing with ECU and not on probation, parole, or have any pending legal judgments
Selecting the right exchange college or university can be challenging and time-consuming. The NSE coordinators are available to help you identify colleges and universities most compatible with your goals. You can also visit www.nse.org for help in selecting the right exchange campus for you.
An advising agreement helps you determine which classes will transfer back to ECU and which requirements will be met by transferred credits. During the term before your exchange, you will meet with an NSE coordinator to complete an advising agreement which will also be approved by your major department.
Below is information regarding the cost to participate in the NSE:
· Tuition and feels are assessed at the regular ECU rate.
· You must pay for room, board, and transportation to the host campus
· Financial aid and scholarships are applicable except for Federal Work Study programs.
· Any additional fees changed by the host schools will be listed at www.nse.org under each campus listing.