Meet Our GA and RA Staff
Resident Advisor Job Overview
Living seeks qualified candidates to apply for Resident Advisor
Campus Living requires that all RA candidates have the following:
- Minimum of a 2.5 semester and cumulative GPA
judicial record with Campus Living and the University (this does not
mean you can never have been documented, it just means you met with the
person you were supposed to and completed any sanctions that may have
- Clear criminal record (no arrests, etc.)
- Must provide documentation that you have lived in a residence hall (ECU or other university) for at least one full semester
Compensation and Benefits
The compensation and benefits of the position are:
- Single room based on availability
- Choice of one of the three Purple Meal Plans (Purple 15 with $450 Pirate Bucks, Purple 40 with $350 Pirate Bucks, or Purple 70 with $250 Pirate Bucks)
- Monthly stipend
- Free shirts
- Develop leadership, facilitation, management and team building skills
- An AWESOME work environment putting your academics first
Please remember to fill out EVERYTHING on your application. You will not be able to submit your application without it being complete!
- Go to ecu.erezlife.com
- Type in your ECU UserID and Password.
- On the left side of the page, under Application and Info, click on My Job Profile.
- Fill out My Job Profile. When complete, please click SAVE on the bottom of the page.
- On the left side of the page, click on Job Postings. Click on RA Application 2014-2015.
- Click on Apply Now on the top right of the screen.
- Click on New RA Application in the circle and a green circle with a black check mark will appear.
- Fill out the New RA Application. When complete, click SAVE, then click on Supporting Docs.
- Under Supporting Documentation, submit your Resume and References. You will need to submit 2 References. When complete, click on SAVE, and then click on SUBMIT.
- Under Submit Application, check the "I agree" statement and click on Submit.
If you have any questions regarding the application, please contact Bailey Steckbauer, RA Recruitment Chair or Marcus Silver at RARST@ecu.edu.
those applicants with complete application packets, clear judicial
record, and minimum GPAs will be considered for open positions.
To be considered for 2017-2018 openings, application packets must be completed by Friday, January 27, 2017.
When you apply for a 2017-2018 RA position, you will receive an email from eRez Life to notify you of your application status. Provided you meet the minimum qualifications (semester and cumulative GPA of 2.5 and acceptable conduct record), you will proceed to the Carousel Process and RA Interview. If you do not receive any notification by February 1, 2017, please contact Bailey Steckbauer, or Marcus Silver at RARST@ecu.edu.
event is designed to give us a chance to get to know you, for you to
learn more about the responsibilities of being an RA.
Following this event, candidates will have an individual interview with a Campus Living Staff member in the month of February.
- You will receive notification letter at Jones Hall on March 17, 2017.
Resident Advisor Application Requirements
submitting my online application, I acknowledge that:
have read the Resident Advisor Job Overview and I understand the Resident
Advisor position requires a minimum of 20 hours per week time commitment, the
ability to meet weeknight/weekend duty schedules, and the ability to attend RA
training before Fall (early August) and Spring (early January) semesters.
do not have a Resident Advisor position at any point in the selection process
(interviews, training course, and hirable pool) until I am offered in writing a
Resident Advisor Employment Agreement by Campus Living.
understand that if selected for an RA position, I cannot have
another job my first semester.
Living Housing Application Process is separate from the RA Selection Process
and I will plan for my own housing needs.
information on this application is accurate.
Any misrepresentation may result in my application being rejected;
and/or my name removed from the hirable pool of candidates.
Click for Application -
William Bullock, Interim Assistant Director of Programming, Selection and
Figueroa, RA Recruitment and Selection Team Leader RARST@ecu.edu
Meet Our Student Staff
"Our Role in Campus Living"
Student Employment Job Descriptions
student employment positions with Campus Living require a 2.25 GPA or
higher for consideration (2.5 GPA or higher is preferred.) Student
employees are hired on a semester basis and must maintain a 2.25 GPA or
higher to retain their position with Campus Living. Students must live
or have lived on campus and must have a clear judicial record for
consideration of employment. The hiring rate for Campus Living jobs is
$7.25 an hour. Students are paid twice monthly and direct deposit is
Painting Assistant - Painting
Assistants work only in the residence halls and are responsible for
painting walls, ceilings and fixtures. A minimum GPA of 2.25 is
Computer Lab Assistant - Computer Lab
Assistants assist students in the two Campus Living computer labs
located in Aycock and White Halls. Experience with Microsoft Office and
experience with both PCs and Macs is preferred. Students are hired to
work in each of the three computer labs, not one specific lab.
Scheduling is flexible with hours ranging from 8:00 A.M. until 2:00 A.M.
A minimum GPA of 2.25 is required.
Neighborhood Service Office Staff
- Resident Services Representatives are employed at one of two
Neighborhood Service Offices located in Todd and West End Dining Halls.
Applicants should be able to work some nights, weekends and daytime
hours. Applicants should have strong customer service skills and provide
excellent hospitality to university residents and guests. Specific job
tasks include resident and conference check-ins, withdrawals, room
changes, key distribution, safety inspections, showing rooms to
perspective students and families, information dissemination and filing.
A minimum GPA of 2.25 is required.
- Office Receptionists are employed at the Campus Living Office located
in Jones Hall. Applicants should have strong customer service skills
and a polite and professional demeanor towards all customers and guests
as this is a primary contact position of most guests. Applicants with
basic computer skills are preferred. Specific job tasks include
operating a multi-line phone system, dissemination of information to
customers, assisting professional staff with special projects and other
general office duties.
Office Assistant - Office
Assistants are employed at the Campus Living Office in Jones Hall and
at Coordinator Offices in each residence hall. Applicants should be
highly skilled with Microsoft Office and be detail oriented to provide
accurate and efficient filing and dissemination of information.