CAREER FAIRSThe Career Center hosts a variety of career fairs throughout the academic year. All students are encouraged to meet with their career coach several weeks in advance of the fairs to prepare for and discuss successful strategies to interact with employers, how to dress for the career fair, and to have their resume critiqued.
Click below for details about the
ALUMNI CAREER FAIR
Fall 2013 Career Fairs Spring 2014 Career FairsHEALTH CAREERS FAIR
Date: Thursday, March 20, 2014
Date: Thursday, September 12, 2013 Time: TBA
Time: TBA Location: ECU/Minges Coliseum
Location: ECU Heart Institute
CAREER & GRADUATE SCHOOL FAIR
Date: Thursday, October 10, 2013
Location: ECU/Minges Coliseum
Employers that attended the Spring 2013 Career Fairs:
QUICK TIPS FOR PREPARING FOR CAREER FAIRS AND EVENTS
- Determine your goals and what you want to accomplish.
- Research the employers who will be attending the event and prioritize.
- Develop and practice a Power Greeting.
- Create or update your resume and have it critiqued by a Career Counselor in The Career Center and make copies to take to the fair.
- Dress for success by wearing professional attire.
- Remember to smile, initiate a handshake, and look the employers in the eye when greeting them at the event.
- Relax and enjoy the event while you are there!