The Career Center hosts a variety of career fairs throughout the academic year. All students are encouraged to meet with their career coach several weeks in advance of the fairs to prepare for and discuss successful strategies to interact with employers, how to dress for the career fair, and to have their resume critiqued.
Spring 2015 Career Fairs
Date: Thursday, March 19, 2015
Time: 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.Location: ECU/Minges Coliseum
Education Career Fair
Date: Tuesday, April 28, 2015
Time: 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Location: ECU Murphy Center
Fall 2014 Career Fair
Click on the Images Below for more information
QUICK TIPS FOR PREPARING FOR CAREER FAIRS AND EVENTS
- Determine your goals and what you want to accomplish.
- Research the employers who will be attending the event and prioritize.
- Develop and practice a Power Greeting.
- Create or update your resume and have it critiqued by a Career Counselor in The Career Center and make copies to take to the fair.
- Dress for success by wearing professional attire.
- Remember to smile, initiate a handshake, and look the employers in the eye when greeting them at the event.
- Relax and enjoy the event while you are there!