The Career Center provides Optimal Resume, which is an online tool that guides students step-by-step through the resume writing process. In addition to creating a resume, Optimal Resume will assist you with creating a variety of letters related to job searching and networking.
Optimal Resume is not a substitute for meeting with a career coach. All students are encouraged to contact The Career Center for assistance from a career coach with writing a resume for the first time or to have their current resume critiqued before distributing it.
Optimal Resume can help you:
- Create high impact resumes with interactive features, including writing and formatting help, spell checking, and tutorial guidance.
- Present your resumes to an employer as a website using a personalized "hyperlink". After creating your resume, you will be able to download a copy of it in several different formats, including Microsoft Word, PDF, HTML, and/or ASCII/Plain Text format.
- Manage an unlimited number of resumes online from anywhere 24/7. After finishing your resume, remember to upload it into CareerNET, The Career Center’s exclusive job database for ECU students and alumni.
- Share your resumes, cover letters, and other work within your portfolio on a professional website and across various social networking sites, including LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
How to register for a free account:
- Visit the ECU Optimal Resume website.
- Click the 'Create New Account' button.
- Login using your full ECU e-mail address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) and same password that you use to login to check your e-mail/OneStop.
- After you login, simply read and follow the directions for
each section. Sample resumes and cover letters are provided within
Optimal Resume to help you with wording and formatting.
Sample Resumes and Cover Letters