The Campus Recreation & Wellness Advisory Council serves in an advisory capacity to the Director and staff of the Department of Campus Recreation & Wellness. The Advisory Council provides a way for students, faculty, and staff at East Carolina University to provide input.
The primary functions of the Council are to recommend policies/procedures pertaining to facility utilization and eligibility; program content, operation, and direction; and to advise the Campus Recreation & Wellness staff of participant/customer concerns. Members of the Advisory Council are volunteers.
Individuals who are appointed to the Advisory Council are expected to assume the following functions and responsibilities:
1. Attend scheduled Advisory Council meetings. There will generally be 2-3 meetings per semester and each meeting generally lasts approximately 60-75 minutes.
2. Actively represent program participants within their respective areas with regard to issues relating to recreational programs and services provided through the Department of Campus Recreation & Wellness.
3. Vote on matters brought before the Council. Each of the nineteen (19) representatives has equal voting privileges.
4. Meet regularly with representatives from designated groups and be prepared to report developments at Council meetings.
5. Serve on standing and ad hoc committees as appointed by the Advisor(s).
6. Perform other duties as requested by the Council and/or the Council Advisors.
Each member of the Advisory Council must complete an application form in order to be considered for the position. Depending upon the number of applicants, the screening process may include evaluation of the written applications and/or some type of interview as well.
For more information, please contact Janis Steele at 252-328-1571 or steeleJ@ecu.edu
Appointments for all positions begin on the first day of classes in the Fall semester and conclude on the final day of classes in the second summer session. Previous Council members are eligible for appointment to subsequent terms.
Complete the application below