1. Monday through Friday CRW staff will meet at approximately 2:00 p.m. to discuss playing conditions. Facility staff will meet with appropriate program personnel (intramural sports, club sports, special events, etc.) to make this decision.
2. Assigned field and/or site managers will have the responsibility of determining whether or not to start activities after 5:00 p.m. on weekends and at other times.
3. Full time staff members for the program areas involved will consult with the assigned supervisor during nights and weekends as requested.
4. The assigned field and/or site managers have the responsibility to cancel activity due to weather conditions or noticeable field damage after play has started.
5. In the event of an impending electrical storm, the fields will be cleared. Use of the fields is prohibited when lightning is in the vicinity. Additionally, a flash-to-bang of 30 seconds should be used to suspend activity. This means once an individual sees lighting they will start counting (1-one thousand, 2-one thousand, 3-one thousand, etc.) and if they hear thunder before they get to 30 they suspend play. Play at a minimum will be suspended for a length of 30 minutes after the last sign of lightning/thunder.
6. In the event of a lighting storm teams/individuals should seek a fully enclosed building. The second choice is a fully enclosed vehicle.