Inclement Weather Policies
1. Monday through Friday, CRW staff will meet at approximately 2:00 p.m. to discuss playing conditions. Facility staff will meet with appropriate program personnel (intramural sports, club sports, special events, etc.) to make this decision.
2. Assigned field and/or site managers will have responsibility of determining whether to start activities after 5:00 p.m., on weekends, and at other times.
3. Full time CRW staff members responsible for program areas will consult with the assigned supervisor during nights and weekends as requested.
4. The CRW staff have responsibility to cancel activity due to weather conditions or noticeable field damage after play has started.
5. In the event of an impending electrical storm, the NRC (fields, lake, and other activity areas) will be cleared. Use of the NRC is prohibited when lightning is in the vicinity. Additionally, a flash-to-bang of 30 seconds should be used to suspend activity. Once an individual sees lighting he/she will start counting (1-one thousand, 2-one thousand, 3-one thousand, etc.) and if he/she hears thunder before he/she gets to 30 they suspend play. This indicates that the storm is six miles away. Play at a minimum will be suspended for a length of 30 minutes after the last sign of lightning/thunder. In the event of lightning or inclement weather conditions, patrons, players, and coaches must seek shelter immediately in their vehicles or the closest enclosed building.