III. Priority Of User Groups
1. Programs and services provided by and/or sponsored by CRW will receive first priority. These programs and services include intramural sports, adaptive recreation, drop-in recreation, club sports, fitness activities, lifestyle enhancement and summer camp operations. The primary source of revenue for debit service, program and operational expenses are membership fees. Members, including students, faculty and staff along with their invited guests, will receive priority appropriate to this category. CRW may elect to co-sponsor activities with other departments, groups or organizations without assessing charges.
2. Academic classes (Health and Human Performance) approved for scheduling by CRW will receive second priority. These classes will be allowed on a semester/session basis with the understanding that adequate student activity space will not be compromised at any time. Representatives of CRW will be the judges of adequate student activity space. Academic programs will provide payment to offset debit service and facility operation. Academic programs will be financially responsible for special set-ups/strike downs and any repairs and/or maintenance or housekeeping needs that arise as a direct result of their programs or the increase in use as a consequence of academic programs.
3. Student organizations will have third priority. Use will be allowed only for members or active participants of organizations. Guests of these organizations/groups are excluded. No charges will be assessed student organizations for reserved use of the facility unless the reservation creates the need for special set-up and/or strike down or the reservation requires special operating hours or staff supervision, housekeeping needs, supplies, etc.
4. University Affiliates-Groups and individuals related to the mission of ECU such as athletic or academic camps and state, regional or national events will receive fourth priority. University affiliates will be assessed fees on a cost recovery basis making sure that rental charges are passed on for basic costs including debit service and facility operations as well as costs associated with special set-ups/strike-downs and special staffing needs.
5. Sponsored Programs-sponsored by student organizations and/or academic departments for the community outside of East Carolina University will have fifth priority. Sponsored programs will be dealt with on a cost recovery basis making sure that rental charges are passed on for basic costs including debit service, program and facility operations, as well as costs associated with special set-ups/strike-downs and special staffing needs.
6. Non Affiliate-Profit making or not for profit organizations and/or activities with no affiliation to East Carolina University will have sixth priority. Charges for reserved facilities for non-affiliate groups will be set in such a fashion as to reduce debit service, program and facility operations costs as well as generate revenue. These rental charges will include all staffing and personnel charges, housekeeping and housekeeping supplies, utilities, and pro-rated maintenance/repair charges.