- ECU Creed
- Report A Person of Concern
- Grievances & Inquiries
- Excused Absences
- Rules / Policies
- Medical Withdrawals
- Don't Cancel Class
- Title IX
Students who have a demonstrated need for temporary financial assistance are invited to apply for a student opportunity award. The award may help the student address an emergency situation or take advantage of an upcoming opportunity. Priority will be given to students whose future at East Carolina University may be in jeopardy.
Students must demonstrate that all other forms of financial assistance have been exhausted. Students must be a current full-time student (undergraduate 12 hours or more; graduate 9 hours or more) at ECU. Awards are designed for students in need of temporary financial assistance, so students typically only receive an award once during their ECU career.
- Complete the Students' Treasure Chest Student Opportunity Award Application, Statement of Need, Budget Proposal, Future Outlook statement, and Student Financial Assistance form.
- Completed applications must be returned to the Office of the Dean of Students at 355 Wright Auditorium. Make sure the Student Financial Assistance form is signed; typed names will not be accepted.
- Completed applications can be hand-delivered to the Office of the Dean of Students or sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Both the signed application to 355 Wright Auditorium and the e-mailed application must be received before Friday at noon to be considered the following week.
- Students and faculty will read applications, so please write thoroughly and professionally.