- ECU Creed
- ECU Cares
- Grievances & Inquiries
- Excused Absences
- Faculty Resources
- Rules / Policies
- Extenuating Circumstances Withdrawals
- Don't Cancel Class
- Title IX
Students who have a financial emergency are invited to apply for a student award through the Students' Treasure Chest. The award may help the student address an emergency situation or take advantage of an upcoming opportunity. Priority will be given to students whose future at East Carolina University may be in jeopardy.
Students and faculty members are encouraged to nominate students in need, or students may nominate themselves through the award application. Applications are received online on a continuing basis, and awards are allocated year round. Awards do not have to be paid back, but must be reviewed by the Office of Financial Aid before being given.
Examples of requests that we may fund include:
- Emergency situations or extenuating circumstances impacting a student's academic success (house/apartment fire, major car trouble, significant medical emergency, accidents, etc.)
- Opportunities to attend national conferences, presentations for research, etc.
- Food, books, etc. when impacted by other extenuating circumstances
- Tuition, rent, car payments or car/health insurance premiums
- Utilities, gas or child care bills
- Monthly payments of support
Complete an Award Application
Any ECU student in good standing is eligible to apply for an opportunity or emergency award. Click here to apply: Student Opportunity Award Application.
After completing the above online form, please download the Student Financial Assistance Form; complete and follow directions to complete the application process.
Submit a 3rd Party Nomination
To nominate a student for a student award, please e-mail their name and Banner ID to firstname.lastname@example.org. The student will then be contacted to complete an award application.