SPRING 2018 IFC FRATERNITY RECRUITMENT
The Interfraternity Council and its 17 member fraternities will hold formal Fraternity Recruitment activities beginning on Monday, January 22, 2018 and ending on Friday, January 26, 2018. All men interested in participating in formal Fraternity Recruitment must register online prior to 12:00 Midnight on Thursday, January 18th. The cost to register is $30.00 and must be paid online via the registration process.
Spring 2018 Recruitment Schedule
Sunday, January 21, 2018 – Recruitment Orientation
All Potential New Members are invited to a ‘meet and greet’ Orientation session where representatives from the Interfraternity Council Executive Board and each member fraternity. Learn more about the opportunities available across the IFC fraternity community.
Monday, January 22, 2018 and Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - First Rounds
Spring 2018 Formal Recruitment rounds begin. Each Potential New Member will be assigned to one of 18 recruitment groups. Each group will visit 9 fraternity event locations on Monday and 9 fraternity locations on Tuesday. Potential New Members will visit every fraternity during these two days. Each group will have 15 minutes to meet with the organizations. Group leaders will be directing recruitment groups to each location.
Wednesday, January 24, 2018 – Preference Night
Potential New Members will visit chapters who have invited them to their specific events. These events will run from 5:00 pm to 9:00pm across all organizations.
Friday, January 26, 2018 - Bid Day
Potential New Members will receive their bid(s) and sign bid slips between 11:00am and 5:00 pm in Mendenhall Student Center. Chapters will contact their New Members that evening.
Things to consider before registering for recruitment:
- To participate, individuals must have a 2.50 cumulative collegiate GPA based on 12 or more credits. If this is your first semester in college, you must have a 2.50 high school unweighted GPA to participate in IFC Recruitment.
- You will be directed to our registration system called CampusDirector.
- If this is your first time on the site, you will have to create an account and then from the drop-down menu select "I would like to join a sorority/fraternity." Then you will enter your information and proceed forward. Participants will need to remember their login and password information as it will be needed throughout the recruitment week. If you have already used CampusDirector, your login information will be the same as when you set up your account. You will need to re-submit your information on the registration form.
- An individual's registration is not complete until the payment is received.
- This is an individual experience. To find out more about our chapters and their conduct history, visit the Chapter Status section of our website HERE
- Alcohol, drugs, and hazing are not tolerated in the ECU Greek Community and should not be a part of the recruitment, nor new member process. If you feel uncomfortable with any part of the recruitment or new member process, do not hesitant to reach out to the Department of Greek Life.
ECU will be welcoming Pi Lambda Phi to IFC this Spring! Pi Lambda Phi's mission is to provide an environment in which individuals join together, share experiences and commit to excellence in order to:
- Establish lifelong friendships
- Maximize educational experiences
- Promote social, organizational, civic and community responsibility
- Develop leadership skills
- Achieve personal growth
- Dynamically adapt to foster change
- Assure the future of Pi Lambda Phi
- Live the Creed through brotherhood
If you have any questions throughout the registration process, please contact Jessie Ashton, Assistant Director of Greek Life.