Faculty and Staff - Classroom Disruption

Tell a friend about this page.
All fields required.
Can be sent to only one email address at a time.
Share Facebook Icon Twitter Icon
Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I think there's been an Academic Integrity (AI) violation, what do I do?

A: Please see the faculty manual for procedures on how potential AI policy violations should be handled. Generally speaking, if the student is in your class and the potential AI violation is related to a class requirement or activity, the faculty member has original jurisdiction. In cases of an academic integrity violation is not related to a class requirement or activity, the Academic Integrity Board has original jurisdiction.  If you have questions about the AI policy or procedures  please call OSRR at 252-328-6824  

Q: How do I become involved with the Conduct Board or Academic Integrity Board?

A:  Staff and faculty members interested in serving on the Conduct Board should contact the OSRR for more information on the selection process and requirements. Faculty members of the Academic Integrity Board are appointed by the Faculty Senate and must be current ECU faculty.

Q: I am concerned about a student's well-being, what should I do?

A: You may encounter several varieties of concerning student behavior.

  • If the bhavior is an imminent threat to you or others, call ECU police by calling 911 or 328-6787.
  • If you are concern about a student struggling with a lost of a loved one or adjustment to college or similar issue contact the Center for Counseling and Student Development at 328-6661.
  • If you observed a dramatic decline in academic performance or significant change in demeanor contact the Dean of Students Office at 328-9297
  • If a student is harassing or threatening you or others, or appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, please contact OSRR at 328-6824. You may also file a report on a webpage.

Q: Is it possible to make an anonymous report about a student's behavior?

A: We do currently accept anonymous reports. However, anonymous reports do not afford OSRR the opportunity to assess the veracity of the report or gain additional information about the incident. Typically anonymous reports do not provide the type of information OSRR needs when hearing an alleged Code violation. If you elect to submit a report anonymously, please provide as much detail as possible about what occurred.

Q: I advise a student group that may have violated the Code, what should I do?

A: You can submit a report using our online incident reporting form. Be sure to include name of organization, and names of student involved and complete the form with as much detail as available. If you would like to discuss the incident before reporting please contact OSRR.