Parents Advisory Council
- Works with Director of Development to identify, cultivate and steward parents to support the Parent Fund
- Serve as a resource to other parents by class
- Share ideas about transition (Freshmen to Sophomore)
Regional Parent Clubs
- Regional representation at the following:
- Career Fairs, Admissions Recruitment Events,
- Organize Freshmen Sendoffs and Watch Parties
- Serve as resource through communication to other parents
- Keep ECU informed on happenings in the region
- Opportunities to serve as local liaison to current and prospective pirate parents
- Serve as key volunteers at events on campus and in regions around the country
- Parent Ambassadors serve as well-informed representatives of the University who share their time and resources to foster better communication among the University, the parents of our students and prospective families
Membership Engagement Committee
- Committee Co-Chairs. Appointed by the Council co-chairs
- Will consist of representatives from each student class
- Execute annual drive to join parents’ association
- Membership, engagement, recruitment and tracking
Parent & Family Outreach/Programs/Events Committee
- Committee Chair. Appointed by the Council co-chairs
- Coordinate Parent Outreach events on campus and in regions around the country
- Coordinate content for Parent Outreach materials and communications (Parent to Parent)
- Parents Advisory Council will meet once in the Fall and Spring Semesters
- Committees will have meetings, as needed
Parents Association-Annual Contributions
- $35-Annual Membership Dues/Renewal (Parents Association)
- $100-Lifetime Membership (Parents Association)
Increased Volunteer Opportunities
- Welcome parents of new students during Parents' Orientation and Open House events.
- Talk to new parents about the resources East Carolina University has for students and parents.
- Serve as a judge for the Family of the Year Essay Contest during Parents & Families Weekend.
- Welcome and collect tickets at events during Parents & Families & Weekend and Spring Parents Weekend.
- Represent the University in your geographic region during college fairs by serving as a resource person for prospective students and their families.
- Assist Undergraduate Admissions. Call admitted parents and students in your region congratulating and sharing your personal experiences about East Carolina University.
- Host a Freshman Send-Off event for your region
- Serve as an interpreter for parents during Parents’ Orientation or Parents and Families events. (Prefer fluent speakers. Spanish is the most often requested language.)