OTM stands for “of the month” It is a way to recognize all the great things we are doing here at East Carolina University. Anyone can fill out an OTM so please look at what category you would like to write one and click the link. It will take you to the main page where you can fill it out.
OTMS are due on the 5th of every month
Click here to write a Program OTM
Community Service Program
Click here to write a General OTM
Executive Board Member
First Year Student
Residence Life Faculty/Staff
Five Tips for Writing a Winning OTM
- Try to get the max amount of words required by explaining how the student, staff member, or program goes outside of what is normally done. Be descriptive so people who read the OTM wish they could be there.
- Write the OTM right after the event, yes they are due on the 5th but writing it right after will make the process easier for you to write them. Also make sure your nomination is month specific! It is very important to highlight the outstanding things the nominee did, and how, in the month of nomination.
- Define acronyms; they are not always universal! The only acronyms you should use are NRHH, SAACURH, NACURH, and RHA.
- Make sure you are using the correct category for your nominee.
- Presentation is key! Using quotes will add a flair to it, but proofread the OTM to make sure you are clearly saying what you want to say. Look out for bad grammar and spelling errors!