Pirate Academy Schedule
Throughout the weekly meetings, a variety of topics will be covered that will assist students in preparation for a future career in Student Affairs.
All workshop sessions will be held on Tuesdays from 4:00-5:00 pm in Mendenhall Student Center,unless otherwise noted. Location will be confirmed upon acceptance.
The schedule is as follows (topics are subject to change):
- 10/01/2012 : Application Deadline
- 10/08/2012 : Committee Selection Meeting
- 10/12/2012 : Applicants notified of status via email
- 10/23/2012 : Session: Exploring Student Affairs/Panel discussion
- 10/30/2012 : Session: Student Affair Theory/Connection Points
- 11/06/2012 : Session: Career Advice/Job Searching
- 11/13/2012 : Session: Networking/Branding Yourself
- 11/20/2012 : Session: Maintaining Balance
- 11/27/2012 : Session: Etiquette Luncheon/Closing Ceremony*
*The etiquette luncheon will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. A three-course meal will be provided as participants learn valuable dining etiquette techniques. Your presence is required for program completion.