Campus Wellness, located inside the Student Recreation Center (SRC), is your one-stop shop for health education and wellness resources.
For more information, visit them at the SRC or check out the Campus Wellness website.
The Wellness Center is operated by Campus Wellness Education Leaders,
and is open to all ECU students, faculty and staff.
- A full range of educational materials including books and models for loan
- Educational packets on a wide variety of health topics
- Brochures and fact sheets
- Smoking cessation counseling
- Healthy lifestyle coaching
- Free Body Mass Index Assessment
- Body fat assessment using Omron
Group presentations: Wellness Center staff and ECU Healthy PIRATES are available to do presentations for your group or class. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Sexuality (healthy relationships, contraception, STD's pregnancy options, etc.)
- Nutrition (weight loss, fad diets, freshman 15, eating disorders, body image, etc)
- Tobacco use/smoking cessation
- Alcohol and other drug use
- Stress management
- Physical activity
- Men's/women's health
- Other topics are available upon request.
Campus Wellness strives to provide the ECU community with health information and resources that can positively impact students’ lives. One of the ways we achieve this goal is through outreach efforts. Please come see us when we are out on campus for events such as breast and testicular cancer awareness, World AIDS Day and Safe Spring Break. We’d love to provide you with informational materials and answer any questions you might have about our department.