Buccaneer yearbook serves as a historical record and official yearbook of ECU. Students who work on the annual gain experience collecting facts, writing articles and capturing memorable moments at ECU. Students also gain hands-on experience in editing, writing, photography, design and productions. Buccaneer is seeking writers, photographers and layout and graphic designers. The Buccaneer office is located on the ground floor of Mendenhall Student Center.
The Editor in Chief should be knowledgeable of basic production business and staffing procedures. Duties include hiring and managing staff and reporting procedures. Duties include hiring and managing staff and reporting monthly to the ECU Student Media Board about the yearbook's general operations, staff needs, maintenance and development. With assistance from the media coordinator, the EIC serves as the primary liaison to the book's printer.
Other responsibilities include serving as chief spokesperson for the yearbook.
The editor must meet the following requirements:
• Be enrolled as a full-time student at East Carolina University.
• Have a minimum 2.50 grade point average at time of selection and maintain a minimum 2.50 grade point average while employed at the Buccaneer.
• Function as a leader of the staff and direct staff activities.
• Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word.
• Be able to handle responsibility and meet deadlines.
Executive applications are available online here or the Student Media Administrative Office,
Self-Help Building Suite 205 A, 301 Evans St., Greenville, NC.
Deadline for submitting an application is Feb 21, 2014 at 5 p.m.
For more information e-mail email@example.com or call the Student Media Administrative Office at 252.328.9236