ECU Transit will operate special late night service to accommodate Halloween on Saturday, October 31.
This fare-free service operates to provide a safe environment for ECU students and reduce incidents such as student assaults, robberies, and impaired driving. To that end, the ECU Police Department will be on hand to ensure the safety of both passengers and ECU Transit employees. Before going out to celebrate, students are encouraged to take note of the service details below.
Please note: Daylight Saving Time ends at 2:00am on November 1; all end times given after 2:00am below are after the time changes.
Special late night service will operate with the following changes in effect:
- Halloween Havoc shuttles will begin operating at 9:45pm to service Mendenhall / West End, College Hill, and Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium. Halloween Havoc ends at 1:45am before the time change; shuttles will continue running for up to 30 minutes afterward.
- All other routes will provide one-way inbound service only until 1:00am. All routes will drop off and pick up at the Mendenhall / West End bus circle; no return trips away from campus to off-campus locations will be permitted until 1:00am. No other campus locations will be served with the exception of stops regularly served by route 850 Pirate Ride.
- Shuttles operating for the night will serve only locations normally served by the 900-series Pirate Express shuttles. These include:
- 33 East
- University Manor
- The Landing
- North Campus Crossing
- University Suites
- Copper Beech
- The Bellamy
- Route 902 The Grid will be modified to service only the following stops: 5th & Ash, University Terrace, Brownlea & 3rd, Brownlea & Wyndham, and 1st & Oak.
- Buses will operate continuously without set schedules from 10:30pm until the last trips depart Mendenhall / West End at 2:30am. NextBus predictions will be unavailable for this off-schedule service.
- Rules for Pirate Express will be in effect for all routes; absolutely no alcohol, regardless of container, is allowed onboard any vehicle. Weapons, fighting, smoking, backpacks, and other large carry-on items are also prohibited. Persons getting sick onboard will be assessed a $50 cleanup fee.
- SafeRide will operate on an extended schedule from 6:30pm until 2:30am to serve its existing service area only; vans will pick up and drop off in the parking lot just south of Mendenhall Student Center to avoid delays at the bus stop.
For more information, please contact our office at 252-328-4724.