ECU Transit will operate special late night service to accommodate Halloween on Friday, October 31.
This fare-free service operates to provide a safe environment for ECU students and reduce incidents such as student assaults, robberies, and impaired driving. To that end, the ECU Police Department will be on hand to ensure the safety of both passengers and ECU Transit employees. Before going out to celebrate, students are encouraged to take note of the service details below.
Special late night service will operate with the following changes in effect:
- Route 850 Pirate Ride will be modified to serve Halloween Havoc beginning at 9:30pm; the regular stop on Ficklen Drive will be replaced by a stop at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium for the remainder of the night.
- Routes operating for the night are: 401 Purple, 402 Brown, and 900-series Pirate Express shuttles (except 902 The Grid, which will not operate).
- Buses will operate from 10:30pm until 3:00am; last trips will depart from the Mendenhall / West End bus stop around 2:40am.
- All routes will run directly to the Mendenhall / West End bus stop. There will be no set schedule; buses will run continuously without breaks to bring everyone to the same location. No other campus locations will be served with the exception of stops regularly served by route 850 Pirate Ride.
- Rules for Pirate Express will be in effect for all routes; absolutely no alcohol, regardless of container, is allowed onboard any vehicle. Weapons, fighting, smoking, backpacks, and other large carry-on items are also prohibited. Persons getting sick onboard will be assessed a $50 cleanup fee.
- SafeRide will operate on an extended schedule from 6:30pm until 3:00am to serve its existing service area only; vans will pick up and drop off in the parking lot just south of Mendenhall Student Center to avoid delays at the bus stop.
For more information, please contact our office at 252-328-4724.