ECU Transit operates primarily within the city limits of Greenville, NC to serve students, staff, faculty, and visitors of East Carolina University. Our system maps provide an overview of the areas in which we operate. A diverse fleet of vehicles is used to provide fixed route service and point-to-point, demand-response service. Most routes operate only while classes are in session; see the service calendar for details on holidays, breaks, and other planned service exceptions. Due to lower demands in ridership, reduced service is offered during both summer sessions. Service is free with a valid ECU 1 Card.
Three major services are offered during the fall and spring semesters: normal day routes, night combination routes, and Pirate Express. During the day, almost all routes in operation run with a focus on
getting riders to and from campus. Once most classes have ended for the
day, most routes combine and relocate due to lower ridership demands
while covering nearly the full daytime service area. On Thursday,
Friday, and Saturday nights only, Pirate Express operates to provide a
safe environment for late night travel to and from major apartment
complexes as well as around campus.
Summary of Service Changes for Fall 2013
Due to continuing efforts to improve services offered, past riders are likely to notice several differences in the service currently offered. Most service for Fall 2013 remains the same from the spring semester, but here are some important changes to expect with the first day of service:
- 301 North Recreational Complex: this route has been discontinued and will no longer operate.
- 303 Blue: several stops have been removed and all departure times have changed.
- 307 Walmart: this new route will operate primarily to serve the new Walmart location at 4600 E 10th Street with an additional stop at Lowe's Home Improvement.
- 802 Brown / Sunchase: this route will no longer operate on Friday nights; contact SafeRide for service to locations on this route on Fridays.
- 806 University Suites: this route will no longer operate on Friday nights; contact SafeRide for service to locations on this route on Fridays.
- 850 Pirate Ride: hub has changed from Christenbury Gym to Mendenhall / West End, all departure times have changed.
Travel Outside Our Service Area With GREAT and Amtrak
If you need to travel outside of our normal service area within Greenville, Greenville Area Transit (GREAT) may be able to help. GREAT bus service is provided by the City of Greenville over a much broader area than our own. Discounted passes for this service are available at the Central Ticket Office in Mendenhall Student Center. Please have your ECU 1 Card available to receive your discount. More information is available by visiting their web site or calling 252-329-4532. You can connect with GREAT by way of route 304 or 704 Campus Shuttle.
Amtrak Thruway shuttle bus service is now available in Greenville. When booking tickets, simply specify Greenville, NC as your origin or destination. For more information, visit www.amtrak.com.
Students, staff, and faculty can take advantage of free trips to the Pitt-Greenville Airport
during hours in which route or van service is being offered. Operating times vary with breaks and holidays; please call to check for availability. All riders using this service are asked to give at least 24 hours advance notice when scheduling a pick up.