The purpose of the ECU VSLC Community Advisory Board (CAB) is to enhance campus-community partnerships through volunteer and service-learning activities, and to actively support the work of the VSLC through planning, advocacy, networking, and public relations.
Meeting Schedule and Board Construction:
- The Board will meet tri-annually (Spring, Summer, Fall).
- VSLC staff will select and replace CAB members as needed. CAB members shall serve a minimum of two years and must be representatives from among the VSLC’s community partner agencies.
- As an advisory board, there will be no officers. The VSLC Associate Director for Service-Learning and Communications is responsible for the scheduling and facilitation of board meetings.
- CAB members will not cast votes, but are encouraged to freely share ideas and information.
Board Member Expectations:
- Become knowledgeable about the history, mission and projects of the VSLC.
- Provide input and assistance in arriving at informed, well-considered decisions about programs, procedures and initiatives of the VSLC.
- Plan to attend all scheduled meetings.
- Assist in identifying key people in the community to help carry out the mission, goals, and objectives of the VSLC.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the VSLC as needed or as requested by VSLC staff.
- Commit to actively serve a minimum of two years.