Your East Carolina University Parents Council represents YOU and more than 30,000 parents/guardians of ECU students. The Council works to encourage mutual understanding and facilitate communication among the University, the parents and the Greenville community. It also serves as a strong advocate for the Division of Student Life and the programs and services offered to students.
Members are chosen based on their leadership, commitment, and willingness to be actively involved in supporting East Carolina ’s students. The Parents Council is made up of 40 volunteers and various university staff who govern the Parents Association.
Parents Council responsibilities include:
- Serving as a liaison between all ECU parents, administration, and faculty by communicating the needs and concerns of parents/guardians.
- Serving as community contact persons and leaders for ECU parents/guardians in their respective regions and at university events.
- Attend quarterly Parents Council meetings and serve on committees as needed.
- Assist in securing gifts for the Parents Fund.
- Review the progress of programs endorsed by the Division of Student Life and the ECU Parents Association & Parents Council.
Parents Council Board Members:
2005-2006 (PDF Roster Sheet)
2007-2008 (PDF Roster Sheet) For more information please contact:
ECU Parents Council East Carolina University 1704-B Arlington Boulevard Greenville, NC 27858-4353 email@example.com Phone: 252-737-1059