As you read Three Cups of Tea you learned how Mortenson took on the task of bringing education to an isolated corner of the world. His experience prior to his promise to build a school was mountain climbing and emergency room nursing, two careers that appear to use a different skill set than those required to fulfill his promise. How did he transfer what he knew from emergency room nursing and mountain climbing to building schools and navigating through unfamiliar cultures?
- Essay must be typed and emailed and be 1.5 to 2 pages. Respond to the questions above.
- Email essays to Bradley Beggs at email@example.com by November 2nd.
- Winners will be selected by a panel of experts. Selected essays will be shared with the ECU community and include the author's name.
- Rock climbing trip on Pilot Mountain lead by the Student Recreation Center Adventure Staff.
- Trip will take place on November 21st. The trip is non-transferable. If students cannot make the date, they cannot go on another trip.
- Winners will be asked to provide their own food/water.
- Winners must attend a pre-trip meeting.