MENDENHALL STUDENT CENTER POSTING POLICY
1. No person will affix anything to any surfaces of the interior or exterior of the building by any means without permission of the Director of Operations or appointed designee. If approved, the student center will provide the appropriate means and space for displaying items. All materials must be removed at the conclusion of the meeting or event.
2. The University’s Posting Policy indicates that improperly posted printed materials shall be removed and discarded without prior notice. Mendenhall Operations personnel are authorized to remove printed materials posted in violation of the University’s and/or Mendenhall Student Center’s Posting Policy. The Policy indicates that printed materials shall not be
a. nailed, tacked, stapled, or in any way attached to any tree, shrub, or any wooden surface on Campus such as bulletin board frames, doors, etc.,
b. placed in or on any vehicle on Campus,
c. taped or in any way attached to any painted or glass surface inside or outside any building on Campus (varnish or shellac are considered paints),
d. nailed, tacked, stapled, or in any way attached to any surface other than an identified general use bulletin board.
3. The University’s Posting Policy indicates that all printed materials posted on general use bulletin boards shall be removed and discarded in the month following the end of each semester and at the end of the second summer term i.e. December, May, and July by Housekeeping Services regardless of the date of posting.
4. Unless identified otherwise, Housekeeping Services considers bulletin boards as general use bulletin boards and removes and discards posted printed materials in the month following the end of each semester and at the end of the second summer term.
5. Only notices of events sponsored by university registered student, faculty, or staff organizations will be posted in the student center. Locations of events/notices posted shall be held on university property. All notices posted shall include sponsor’s name and telephone number. There are two locations for this purpose located on the ground floor. All posters, notices, etc. to be posted in the student center must be submitted to the Welcome Center; the Director of Student Center Operations or appointed designee will review submitted items. If approved, items will be date stamped and posted on the bulletin boards on the ground floor. Items found on the bulletin boards without date stamp and elsewhere in the student center or on the exterior of the facility without the stamp will be removed by the student center staff. All outdated posters, notices, etc. will be removed promptly by student center staff.
6. Works of Art
a. Portraits will be hung in the student center only in dedicated areas. A portrait must be of the individual for whom the area is named.
b. Arrangements for hanging portraits must be made through the Director of Student Center Operations by calling 252-328-4755.