Welcome to the Office of Victim Services,
serving women and men who are victims of rape, sexual assault or domestic violence.
The Office of Victim Services at East Carolina University was established in 2005 to provide victim advocacy services to those individuals whose life has been affected by crime. The primary mission of the advocacy program is to safeguard the constitutional rights of and provide for the emotional needs of victims during a very difficult time.
Victim Advocate Program
Victim Advocacy provides assistance to any member of the ECU Community who has been the victim or witness to a crime or other traumatic event. The Victim Advocate provides support and guidance in the following ways:
· An opportunity to talk about what happened
· Accompaniment to meetings, court hearings, etc. to serve as a liaison
· Referrals to campus, community and state resources
· Provide information to help with deciding on a course of action
· Planning for your future safety and that of your friends through workshops and presentations
To reach the Victim Advocate, simply call 737-1466, send an email, firstname.lastname@example.org or ask any ECU police officer to contact her on your behalf. She is available anytime someone is in need and any conversations are private and do not commit you to any future action. The Victim Advocate is on call and services are available 24 hours, seven days a week.