Community Advisory Board (CAB)
The purpose of the ECU VSLC Community Advisory Board (CAB) is to foster campus and community partnerships through volunteer and service-learning activities, and to actively support the work of the VSLC through planning, advocacy, networking, and public relations.
Meeting Schedule and Board Construction:
- The Board will meet quarterly.
- VSLC staff will select and replace CAB members as needed. CAB members shall serve a minimum of two years and must be representatives from among the VSLC’s recognized community partner agencies.
- As an advisory board, there will be no officers. The community partner coordinator of the VSLC is responsible for the scheduling and facilitation of board meetings.
- CAB members will not cast votes, but are encouraged to freely share ideas and information, which will be thoughtfully considered and appreciated by the staff of the VSLC.
Board Member Expectations:
- Become knowledgeable about the history, mission and projects of the VSLC.
- Provide input and assistance in arriving at informed, well considered decisions about programs, procedures and initiatives of the VSLC.
- Plan to attend all quarterly scheduled meetings of the CAB.
- Assist in identifying key people in the community to help carry out the mission, goals, and objectives of the VSLC.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the VSLC.
- Commit to actively serve a minimum of two years.
2012-2013 CAB Members