Service for DE Students
Each ECU student (volunteer or service-learner) should register with the VSLC BEFORE doing service. Registration covers you with our liability insurance policy while you are serving.
To register on-line, go to your OneStop account and follow the instructions below:
- Log into OneStop
- Click on Tools, look for Academic Planning
- Under Academic Planning, click on the Volunteer & Service-Learning Center link
- Fill out the form and click submit ONCE
- A confirmation will appear when the process is complete
Click here to learn more about service-learning and view the VSLC's service-learning orientation.
Service-Learning Cut Off Dates
The VSLC will NOT place service-learners at community partner sites on or after the dates below.
- Fall semester - October 15, 2012
- Spring semester - March 22, 2013
The VSLC encourages students to begin service-learning hours early in the semester, prior to fall or spring breaks. Students who begin hours late have fewer learning opportunities, and can cause unnecessary hardship for our community partners and the people and animals they serve. Students who do not begin service-learning hours prior to the cut off dates will have limited options for community partnerships and may be unable to complete their hours.