Join the VSLC for the 2012 MLK Day of Service!
Monday, January 16 from 8:00 am - 12:30 pm
The MLK Day of Service is a way to transform Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s life and teachings into community action that helps solve social problems. That service may meet a tangible need, or it may meet a need of the spirit. On the 25th anniversary of the King Federal Holiday, we still have work to do to realize Dr. King’s dream. MLK Day of Service is the perfect time for Americans to answer Dr. King’s challenge to do something for others.
The Volunteer and Service-Learning Center has a number of projects for students to choose from as a way to learn about and serve their community. Make new friends while volunteering and honoring Dr. King's dream.
Schedule for Monday, January 16
8:00 am - 8:30 am Check-in at Mendenhall Student Center, Great Rooms
8:30 am - 9:00 am Meet and greet with site leader and program
9:00 am - 9:15 am Depart for service site
9:30 am - 12:30 pm Service and Reflection
How do I register for the MLK Day of Service?
- Select a project by clicking here!
- Make sure to register with the VSLC.
- Students must provide their own transportation.
- Groups are welcome, but each member is required to register for a project individually.
- All students must check-in at Mendenhall on Monday, January 16 between 8:00 and 8:30 am.