Personal Liability Insurance is provided to students registered with the VSLC. Registered students are ECU students who have completed the on-line VSLC form in their OneStop account.
A brief overview is given below, and details about our insurance policy can be viewed at www.cimaworld.com
Personal Liability Insurance provides protection for a personal injury or a property damage liability claim arising out of the performance of the registered volunteer’s duties. This coverage is in excess of and non-contributing with any other valid insurance the volunteer may have. This policy provides legal defense for any covered suit against the volunteer seeking damages on account of personal injury, bodily injury, or property damage.
There are exclusions to this policy and while the following list is not complete it provides a representative of losses that are not covered:
- Injury or damage resulting from the use of an automobile, aircraft, or watercraft (except non-owned water-craft).
- Errors or omissions in connection with the registered volunteer’s professional services.
- Personal injury resulting from an assault or battery committed by or at the direction of the volunteer.
- Property damage to property in the care, custody or control of the registered volunteer, and;
- Injury or damage by any person who is part of, or associated with, a work release or court-ordered program.
Frequently Asked Questions.