We develop leaders whose knowledge, skills and abilities improve quality of life and promote economic development and prosperity.
To provide high quality instruction, research, outreach and engagement programs that enable our students to achieve their career goals and that promote a strong, sustainable future for our region. We provide access to experiential technology-intensive education that meets the needs of our region, state and nation. Our programs are enhanced through student, faculty and staff engagement with business, industry and the community.
Our Values and Practices:
The College of Technology and Computer Science adheres to the enduring values as presented in ECU Tomorrow: A Vision for Leadership and Service. The College recognizes that our practices must be aligned with our mission and values.
These core values and basic practices guide us as we carry out our mission:
- Students first in all we do
- Integrity, respect, and trust in our dealings
- Excellence, accountability, and strategic thinking
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Commitment to service and engagement
The College will follow these practices as we carry out our mission:
- Set goals and stress accountability
- Use resources on strategic priorites
- Be transparent and communicate openly
- Practice continuous quality improvement
- Promote leadership
- Promote innovation
- Promote interdisciplinary collaboration
- Promote diversity and community engagement