The Advising Center for the College of Engineering and Technology is here to serve the following student groups:
- Current ECU students in TECS
- ECU students planning to enter TECS
- Transfer students from another ECU College or a different university
Current Student Responsibilities
- Records – Maintain and document your own records and academic progress
- Appointments – Be on time for all scheduled appointments
- Announcements – Look for catalog and course announcements
- E-mail – Check your ECU Pirate Mail account daily as advisors will contact you regularly regarding appointments, important dates and upcoming events
- Check Sheet – Bring updated check sheets for your major to all meetings with advisors
- Be Prepared – Have your list of desired courses and questions prepared for meetings with advisors.
Transfer Student Responsibilities
- Admissions - Complete an East Carolina University admissions application and submit an official transcript (sealed) to the ECU Admissions Office
- Contact Advising Center – Following admission to ECU, contact the Advising Center and set up an appointment to meet with an advisor (please provide your intended major at this time)
- AAS Degree - If you are transferring from another University or College with an Associate's Degree, please indicate your degree status when making appointment
- Be Prepared - Come to your appointment prepared with any information that may assist in the advising process.