How to Declare

When can I declare my major? This depends on them major for which you are seeking entrance. You can declare into the following majors at any point in your ECU career: IDIS or Computer Science. 

Although you may take IET, ICT, IET, or Design courses without being declared, it is highly recommended that you declare as soon as you have a 2.0 GPA. This ensures that you are on the correct track to graduate.

The Construction Management department requires a 2.0 minimum G.P.A. to declare for the major.  This means that until you are officially declared as a CMGT major, then you will be unable to take any CMGT courses. If you are selecting a Construction Management minor, contact the advisor for assistance.

Engineering requires a grade of "C" or better in MATH 1065 (College Algebra) and MATH 1083 or MATH 1085 (PreCalculus), along with at least a 2.5 GPA to apply for admission to the engineering major. You will be an "intended" Engineering student until you meet those qualifications.

Advisor Note:  If you wish to change your major to any of the programs offered within the College of Engineering and Technology, please set up an appointment to meet with an advisor at 2 Rawl Annex or by calling 252-328-9301.

How to Declare

Tell a friend about this page.
All fields required.
Can be sent to only one email address at a time.
Share Facebook Icon Twitter Icon
  Follow CET facebook_1 twitter_1 youtube_1


You can use

this text element

or delete it to

add other elements.


Give To East Carolina University