The Mission of the Department of Construction Management at East Carolina University is to provide an educated professional workforce, promote community engagement, and facilitate innovation in construction for the betterment of society.
The vision of the Department of Construction Management at East Carolina University is to be recognized as a premier source of innovation and world class professionals in construction, for eastern North Carolina, the nation, and the world.
- Prepare students for success
- Create future leaders in society
- Build construction knowledge in service to the profession and public
- Promote a sustainable environment for the safety and welfare of people
- Foster and sustain a collegial environment where learning and sharing of ideas can occur.
East Carolina University's Mission
To serve as a national model for public service and regional transformation by:
- Preparing our students to compete and succeed in the global economy and multicultural society
- Distinguishing ourselves by the ability to train and prepare leaders
- Creating a strong, sustainable future for eastern North Carolina through education, research, innovation, investment, and outreach
- Saving lives, curing diseases, and positively transforming health and health care, and
- Providing cultural enrichment and powerful inspiration as we work to sustain and improve quality of life.