General Purpose Labs
For Computer Science faculty and students
- Microsoft Windows Lab – Austin Building, Room 208
- 20 Dell computers running MS Windows XP with a laser printer
- UNIX (specifically Sun Solaris) Lab- Austin Building, Room 209
- 22 Sun Blade computers, running Sun Solaris 9 with a laser printer
Accessible on an as-needed basis
- Speech and Language Processing Lab – Austin Building, Room 226A
- Software Engineering Lab – Science and Tech Building, Room 234
- Graduate Student Lab – Austin Building, Room 207
- 5 Sun computers running Solaris 9
- 3 Sun computers running MS Windows XP
- Laser Printer and Scanner
Use of the labs is a privilege and can be temporarily or permanently suspended for violation of the following rules:
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the lab.
- Limit phone calls to official university business only.
- Lab facilities priority will be given to students who are using or need to use lab resources to complete coursework related to course work. If you are using lab resources for any other purpose, you may be asked to move to another station, or to let another student use lab resources if other students are waiting.
- Any student who does not cooperate with the request of a lab attendant is subject to have lab privileges revoked.
- Lab attendants have the ability to reset lost or forgotten passwords. If no attendants are present, or to make other service requests, please fill out a work order request form and someone will address your request as soon as possible.
- While in the lab avoid talking excessively loud, improper (as defined by your instructor) requesting of help from other students, and playing of music without headphones.