1pixelpurple
  • Community Sense of Place Community Sense of Place Tourism Impacts and Second Home Development: A Sustainable Approach
  • Climate, Weather, and Tourism Climate, Weather, and Tourism Tourism destinations and their individual tourism businesses are all vying for tourists at their respective locations.
  • Engagement and Community Engagement and Community In partnership with the Office of Engagement, Innovation, and Economic Development.
  • Rural Tourism Rural Tourism Sustaining rural America is one of today's pressing issues.
  • RESET RESET Race, Ethnicity, and Social Equity in Tourism
  • US Travel Care Code US Travel Care Code The United States Travel Care Code has been developed and is managed by the Center for Sustainable Tourism.
  • RETI RETI The Renewable Energy in Tourism Initiative
  • Tourism and Entrepreneurship Tourism and Entrepreneurship Developing the local tourism industry as part of an economic development strategy.

FEATURING OUR FACULTY

gRADUATE PROGRAM DIRECTOR

jason oliver

Jason D. Oliver

Assistant Professor, Dept of Marketing & Supply Chain Management
College of Business
East Carolina University
3104 Bate Building
Greenville, NC 27858
252.328.5823
oliverj@ecu.edu

Community Outreach Interests

My interests are centered on advising and assisting businesses and organizations who want increase the adoption of environmentally friendly goods and services. I focus on non-adopters and on understanding barriers to environmentally friendly product adoption. The goal is to design solutions that apply marketing techniques to overcome these barriers and motivate non-adopters to change consumption behaviors. I am interested in outreach that helps companies and organizations apply this understanding to increase the rate of green product adoption, including the adoption of sustainable tourism.

Research Interests

In the past, the majority of research on marketing environmentally friendly products has focused on why “green” consumers buy “green” products. However, these self-labeled eco-conscious consumers only comprise approximately 5% of the population. I am focused on understanding the other 95% of the population.

My research interests include diffusion of sustainable innovations, green marketing, and customer loyalty.

Notable Publications

  • Oliver, J. D. (2007). Increasing the adoption of environmentally friendly products: Who are the non-adopters, and what will get them to buy green? (Doctoral dissertation, University of Rhode Island, 2007).
  • Oliver, J. D., & Perfetto, R. (2007). Readiness to go green: Using a transtheoretical approach to better understand non-adopters of environmentally friendly products. Association of Marketing Theory and Practice, Savannah, GA.

Courses

  • MKTG 3832: Marketing Management
  • MKTG 4972: Special Session (Customer Relationship Management)

Sustainable Tourism | Jason Oliver

Tell a friend about this page.
All fields required.
Can be sent to only one email address at a time.
Share Facebook Icon Twitter Icon
  Follow CET facebook_1 twitter_1 youtube_1

CALENDAR OF EVENTS


You can use

this text element

or delete it to

add other elements.

 

Give To East Carolina University