- UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS
- GRADUATE PROGRAMS
- ONLINE PROGRAMS
- REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
- CAE IA/CD
Originally, family ties. I have two cousins who were students at the time I enrolled. One was a senior and the other was a sophomore. I had been up here several times to visit, had seen the campus, and I liked the area. After more research, I found that ECU had a diverse College of Technology and Computer Science.
The mission of the MS degree program in Technology Systems at East Carolina University is to provide an advanced technology education geared toward the needs of our rapidly-changing global economy. The program aims to instill advanced problem-solving skills and technological decision making capabilities in our learners through analytical thinking, applied research, technology development, and productivity improvement.
Common Program Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program learners will be able to demonstrate:
1. Ability to apply knowledge of the discipline of technology -- tools, techniques, technical systems and skills. Graduates will exhibit an appropriate and effective application of tools, techniques, and technical systems in their area of concentration and field of study.
2. Ability to identify, analyze and solve technical problems: Graduates will exhibit an ability to identify, analyze and solve technical problems appropriate to their discipline and field of study.
3. Ability to demonstrate effective leadership qualities in professional settings: Graduates will analyze, comprehend, and foster effective leadership skills needed to develop and advance technological projects and processes appropriate to their discipline.
4. Ability to analyze, design, optimize, and maintain systems or processes: Graduates will exhibit an ability to analyze, design, optimize, and maintain systems or processes appropriate to their discipline.
5. Ability to adapt to emerging applications of technology: Graduates will exhibit an ability to adapt to change caused by emerging applications of technology appropriate to their discipline.
6. Ability to communicate effectively: Graduates will exhibit an ability to consider alternative solutions and communicate effectively.
7. Ability to function effectively in a team environment: Graduates will exhibit expertise in functioning effectively as a team member and leader. 8. Recognition of the need and ability to engage in lifelong learning: graduates will recognize the need for, and exhibit an ability to engage in lifelong learning.
9. Ability to analyze professional, ethical, global, and social dimensions in organizations: graduates will exhibit an ability to understand professional, ethical, global, and social responsibilities faced by technology leaders and managers concerned with improving the application and use of technology in a world with limited natural resources.
10. Respect for diversity: Graduates will exhibit a respect for diversity and knowledge of contemporary professional, societal, cultural, and global dimensions in organizations.
11. Ability to conduct research projects: Graduates will exhibit an ability to develop, plan, and conduct research projects and report the findings to professional audiences.