Now in Our 27th Year of Service to East Carolina University!
Our Statement of Purpose:
The purpose of the East Carolina University Retired Faculty Association (ECURFA) is to provide retired faculty with a continuing link to the university and to colleagues and friends through social activities, receptions, and group travel. It provides an opportunity to give back to the university through an endowment fund, which has established graduate and undergraduate scholarships.Officers:
- NEW! The ECURFA Annual Business Meeting and Chancellor's Social will be held on Thursday, June 5, at the Murphy Center, in the Athletic Complex. The Annual Business Meeting will begin at 5:30 p.m. in the Harvey Room, and the Chancellor's Social will follow, at 6:00.
- ECU Retired Faculty Forum schedule:
- March 25th, Tinsley Yarbrough: Topic: "How the old "B" Western movies were made." Location: Murphy Center, upstairs in the Harvey Room; time: 2:00 p.m.
- We hold board meetings quarterly, in January, April, July, and October. We also conduct a business meeting of the membership in the spring each year. The next board meetings will be April 15 and July 22, in the Self-Help Building Conference Room, 3rd floor, at 3:00 p.m.
- We hold a social twice a year for retired ECU faculty members and invited guests. The Spring social for 2014 has not yet been scheduled. Click here to see some of the photos from the Spring social in 2013.
- We publish a newsletter, The Golden News, twice a year. The editor is Steve Row, 252-756-4225.
- We meet as the East Carolina University Retired Faculty Association Dutch Luncheon, usually on the first Thursday of each month. The March 6th luncheon will be at the Japan Inn, 739 Red Banks Rd., at 1:00 p.m. Please call Frank Rabey at 252-756-0389 for information, or consult the Daily Reflector.
- We organize group travel for ECURFA members and "friends." Some of us went to France in April for "The Seine: Paris to Normandy" Click here for some photos of the trip. Another trip, in June, went to England, Scotland, and Wales.
All retired ECU faculty members (including those on phased retirement) are de-facto members of the ECU Retired Faculty Association, and spouses of deceased members are eligible for associate membership. If you have retired or are the spouse of a deceased member, but have not been invited to join the ECURFA, please call the Alumni Association at 252-328-6072.
By-Laws of the East Carolina University Retired Faculty Association
Policies and Procedures Manual of the East Carolina University Retired Faculty Association:
Privileges for Retired Faculty
Parking Policy for Retired Faculty:Retired Faculty have been issued notices to renew their parking permits for the 2013-2014 school year. Parking and Transportation Services (252-328-6294/6963 office) has sent out letters offering a free Retired Faculty parking permit to park in zones B1, B3, B5, and C. The university has reserved ten parking spaces for retired faculty:
- two spaces on the 10th Street side of Joyner Library;
- two across 10th Street from the Brewster Building;
- two in the circle north of Bloxton House;
- two west of the old Cafeteria; and
- two east of the Rivers Building.
- There are also two B1 lots near the Student Recreation Center: in the old Hardee's lot and behind the townhouses at the corner of Cotanche and 9th streets.
As the university is becoming a pedestrian campus, faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to use the Student Transit system to attend events on campus. Riders are expected to have an ECU 1 Card [although a university picture ID card may suffice].
Use of ECU E-mail by Retired Faculty:
Faculty/staff retiring from the University will be able to use their account for 365 days after retiring. Retirees will have an opportunity to renew their account at the end of this period by contacting IT Help Desk at 252.328.9866. If the retiree requests account reactivation after the 365-day expiration, the account can be reactivated permanently.
ECURFA Scholarship Endowment.
We thank the Office of Alumni Relations for their administrative support!
This month's picture: Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures at East Carolina University.
The URL of this Web site is http://www.ecu.edu/ecurfa
Webmaster: Michael Cotter, Asst. Prof.Emeritus, Library Services