Now in Our 29th Year of Service to East Carolina University!
In Memoriam: Marguerite Austin Perry, 1918-2015
A founding member of the ECU Retired Faculty Association in 1987
Our Statement of Purpose:
The purpose of the East Carolina University Retired Faculty Association (ECURFA) is to provide retired faculty with a continuing link to the university and to colleagues and friends through social activities, receptions, and group travel. It provides an opportunity to give back to the university through an endowment fund, which has established graduate and undergraduate scholarships.
- Dr. Tom Feldbush, President, 252-758-3644
- CDR Archie T. Smith, Vice President, 252-752-7669
- Dr. Paul Tschetter, Secretary, 252-258-2927
- Mr. Frank Rabey, Treasurer, 252-756-0389
- Mr. Art Haney, Past President, 252-756-6957
Office: 1914 West Arlington Blvd., Room 105 (the ECU Distance Education Proctoring Center), 252-737-2924.
All retired ECU faculty members (including those on phased retirement) and retired ECU EPA Staff are de facto members of the ECU Retired Faculty Association; and spouses of deceased members are eligible for associate membership. If you have retired or are the spouse of a deceased member, but have not been invited to join the ECURFA, please call the ECU Retired Faculty Association office at 252-737-2924. Membership dues ($15.00 yearly, or $75.00 lifetime), may be sent to the ECU Foundation Gift Records Department, 2200 S. Charles Blvd., Greenville NC 27858). Please click here for ECURFA Dues and Donation Form.
- NEW! University Parking and Traffic has noted that the two retired faculty parking spaces between Erwin and the old cafeteria are underutilized. This enters into our attempts to gain two parking spaces to offset those on the 10th Street side of Joyner Library that were lost for construction of the new Student Center and Parking Deck. (Please note also that there are also two parking spaces on the west side of Erwin, as well as other locations on campus.)
- NEW! Major construction for the Student Center and the Parking Deck has begun on East Campus. Please click here for the map of the construction area, on page 5 of the document. (The two parking spaces on the 10th Street side of Joyner Library, along with 450 parking spaces behind Mendenhall Student Center, are now in the construction area and therefore no longer available.)
- Nashville and Memphis trip. May 2-8, 2016. $850.00 per person, double occupancy. For more information, please contact Andrew Ross, 252-752-1717 x13. Offered in association with the ECU Lifelong Learning Program and the Pitt County Senior Center.
- State Health Plan Changes and Information for 2016. (Please click here to visit Web page for State Health Plan.)
- ECURFA Pre-retirement Seminar (Open to faculty preparing to retire and retired faculty).
- Wellness in Retirement: February 10, Mendenhall, Rm. 212, 4:00 P.M.; February 11, Brody 2-E-100, 4:00 P.M.
- ECURFA Retired Faculty Forum, Spring Schedule; meetings at Family Medicine Auditorium, 2nd floor, 101 Heart Drive, 3:00-5:00 p.m.:
- February 9, Stephen and Inez Ribustello, Vines, Grapes, and Wine.
- April 12, Jody Baumgartner and Jonathan Morris, Politics is a Joke! How TV Comedians are Remaking Political Life.
- We hold board meetings quarterly, in January, April, July, and October. We also conduct a business meeting of the membership in the spring of each year.
- We hold a social twice a year for retired ECU faculty members and invited guests. The Spring Social will be held April 21st at the Heart Institute.
- We publish a newsletter, The Golden News, twice a year.
- We meet as the East Carolina University Retired Faculty Association Dutch Luncheon, usually on the first Thursday of each month. The February 4th luncheon will be at Mi Cabana, 333 E. Arlington Blvd., at 1 p.m. Please call Frank Rabey at 252-756-0389 for more information, or consult the Daily Reflector.
- We organize group travel for ECURFA members and "friends." Please contact Tom Feldbush for suggestions for trips.
By-Laws of the East Carolina University Retired Faculty Association
Policies and Procedures Manual of the East Carolina University Retired Faculty Association:
Privileges for Retired Faculty
Parking Policy for Retired Faculty:
Retired Faculty have been issued notices to renew their parking permits for the 2015-2016 school year. Parking and Transportation Services (252-328-6294/6963 office) has sent out letters offering a free Retired Faculty parking permit to park in zones B1, B3, B5, and C. The university has reserved the following parking spaces for retired faculty:
- (the two spaces on the 10th Street side of Joyner Library have been removed for construction;
- two across 10th Street from the Brewster Building;
- two in the circle between Erwin and Bloxton House;
- two between Erwin and Mamie Jenkins; and
- two east of the Rivers Building.
- There is also a B1 lot that is open for "B" parking stickers at 10th and Evans Streets.
- There are no reserved parking spaces for retired faculty on the Health Sciences campus. Please click here for a map of parking spaces for "B" parking stickers (colored in blue) on the Health Sciences campus.
Please click here to read the parking policy for retired faculty.
NEW! Please click here to see a map (on page 5 of the document) of the area cordoned off for construction of the new Student Center.
As the university is becoming a pedestrian campus, faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to use the Student Transit system to attend events on campus. Riders are expected to have an ECU 1 Card [although a university picture ID card may suffice].
Use of ECU E-mail by Retired Faculty:
Please click on the link above for the policy regarding use of ECU e-mail by Retired Faculty. For additional information, one may ask for help by calling the IT Help Desk at 252.328.9866 or 800.340.7081.
ECU Scholarship Endowment.
We thank the Office of Alumni Relations and the Division of Academic Affairs, Provost's Office, for their administrative support!
This month's picture: Options for adult learners at ECU.
The URL of this Web site is http://www.ecu.edu/ecurfa
Webmaster: Michael G. Cotter, Asst. Prof. Emeritus, Library Services