Dear friends of ECU's German program,
ECU's German program has its own 501(c)(3) fund to support German Studies here in Eastern North Carolina and to which anyone can make a tax-deductible contribution. You can support our program and its students with a tax-deductible gift in at least three easy ways:
· Click on the ECU "Give" link at the very top of this page
· Then under the Gift Designations section, click on the last option "I want to choose my own designation"
· Fill in your information as the donor, the type in "German Studies Priority Fund" under Gift Instructions
· Click the large purple Next button at the bottom to proceed with your donation transaction.
· Call Jessica Nottingham, director of alumni relations and outreach for the Thomas Harriot College of Arts and Sciences, at 252-737-1753 to make your donation by phone with a credit card.
(Payable to ECU Foundation, Inc., put "
German Studies Priority Fund" in the memo line). Mail to:
Greenville Centre, Suite 2200
2200 South Charles Blvd.
Mailstop 301, East Carolina University
Greenville NC 27858-4353
With this Priority fund, ECU's German program will be able to provide qualified German majors and minors with a stipend for study in a German-speaking country, to present their original research at academic conferences, or to pursue advanced undergraduate study in German Studies in North America (some institutions such as Princeton periodically offer relevant summer seminars for highly qualified undergraduates). The fund will also help our program host German-related cultural events on and off campus, including in local schools that otherwise have no offerings in German language or culture.
If you have questions about this fund or its objectives, please do not hesitate to contact me (my information is below). In the meantime, and on behalf of my colleagues, vielen Dank!
Prof. Susanne Jones