Distinguished Faculty Awards
Congratulations to Dr. Elizabeth Ables and Dr. Ann Schreier for being recognized as Distinguished Faculty Mentors! Dr. Ables, assistant professor in the department of biology, is being honored for her mentorship of master's students. Dr. Schreier, associate professor in the College of Nursing, is in the spotlight for her counseling of doctoral students. ECU thanks these professors for their dedication to the education of our students!
Graduate Education Important for FutureOn May 16, 2017, three ECU students, Molly Albecker, Spencer Miller, and Kenyann Stanford, and their mentors traveled with members of the Graduate School to the NC Legislative Building in Raleigh to participate in Graduate Education Day. There, they discussed their research interests with legislatures to further emphasize the importance of graduate education. See the page linked below for a glimpse into what graduate education means for North Carolina.
Cancer-fighting compound developed by doctoral studentRead how doctoral student Daniel Ladin and team, received a patent for a cancer-fighting molecule that has proved effective at killing cancer cells without harming surrounding tissue.
- Jul04State Holiday (no classes)
- Jul13GCEC Meeting3:30 PM to 5:00 PM
- Jul14Last day for graduate students to withdraw
- Jul2711-Week Summer Session Classes End
- Jul27Classes End for Summer Session 2
- Jul28Final Exams for 11-Week Summer Sessions Courses
- Jul28Final Exams for Summer Session 2
- Jul28Last day for faculty to remove incompletes