Former doctoral student breaks new ground in women’s health with research
Read how Dr. Maria Torres, a former Ph.D. Bioenergetics and Exercise Science doctoral student, is altering our understanding of how estrogen works in the body through her research. Torres' research centers on the role of estrogen in mitochondrial function.
3MT Competition WinnersCongratulations are in order for the winners of the Three Minute Thesis Competition held October 24th! The department of Biology took home the Departmental Cup by having the three highest scored presentations. Steph Orr, Department of Biology, won the People's Choice award, and Shelby Powers, Department of Physiology, won the Grand Champion Award! Shelby will go on to represent ECU at the regional CSGS meeting in Arkansas in February. Good Luck Shelby!
Check out Steph's and Shelby's winning presentations on the 3MT webpage, while there find out how you can compete next year!
Upcoming professional development workshopsThe Graduate School is happy to offer four professional development workshops during the Fall 2017 semester. Learn from the Beginning Your Research workshop presented by university library and writing center staff. It takes place at the Health Sciences Student Center, grand room 202- Don't miss out! See the flyer below for more details about this and upcoming workshops.
- Nov26Thanksgiving Break Ends
- Nov27Graduate Program Directors & Coordinators Meeting3:00 PM to 4:30 PM
- Dec04Classes End for Fall 2017 Semester
- Dec04Graduate Council Meeting3:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Dec05Final Examinations begin 4:00 pm.
- Dec13Last day for faculty to remove Incompletes for Graduate Courses from Fall Semester 2016.
- Jan08Classes begin for Spring 2018 Semester
- Jan08Graduate Council Executive Committee (GCEC)3:30 PM to 5:00 PM