Mobile Device Management - Airwatch
AirWatch Mobile Device Management Agent is a mobile app that provides mobile device security for faculty and staff accessing ECU's online resources. It is required that all ECU-owned smartphones and tablets and personal mobile devices that access or store sensitive data have AirWatch configured.
CURRENT AIRWATCH USERS:
Buccaneer is going away - update to the Eduroam network before April 30, 2018
The Buccaneer network will be decommissioned at the end of spring 2018, and all current AirWatch users must switch to the eduroam service before that time. This easy process happens in three (3) steps:
- The certificate is issued to your Android or iOS device. This happens automatically when you enroll the device.
- Once the certificate is issued, you manually configure the eduroam settings.
- Make sure to configure your device to remember eduroam.
For step-by-step instructions with screen shots, visit the AirWatch configuration page.
During the AirWatch installation process, security measures are configured for the device according to an organizational profile:
- Sensitive profile: An administrator accesses email containing FERPA data using an Android phone
- Workspace profile: A resident stores patient notes on an iPad
- University profile: A department administrator uses an ECU-purchased tablet for work