REDCap Online Research Surveys
REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) is a secure, HIPAA compliant, web-based application for building and managing online surveys and databases. Vanderbilt University developed REDCap and the software and support is available at no charge to institutional partners.
ECU is a member of the REDCap Consortium and houses the REDCap database and servers so that all data is secure within ECU’s IT infrastructure. Multimedia & Technology Services (MTS) administers the REDCap software. This software can be used for research and quality improvement with the appropriate approvals.
- These required prerequisites must be met before starting a new project:
- All principal investigators, co-principal investigators and collaborative personnel (including non-ECU) must have a PirateID.
- A department chair or supervisor can request an ECU User Account Request (PirateID) for non-ECU personnel.
- IRB approval when collecting data for the purpose of human subjects research.
- Department chair, dean or director approval when conducting Quality Improvement research and collecting sensitive data prior to research.
- The project title, owner, secondary owner and collaborators must be named in the approval letter.
- Principal Investigator submits a REDCap User Request for the new project.
- Once the REDCap account is created, researchers may log in with ECU credentials (PirateID/passphrase).