The LLP program offers you several ways to participate and get involved.
- Actively participating in classes can open doors for intellectual stimulation, healthy discussion, broadening horizons, and social networking. A wide array of class topics awaits you!
- You can register for LLP courses by visiting our ONLINE COURSE CATALOG or;
- To download the catalog, click here.
Serve on the Advisory Council and/or Committees
The Advisory Council is the body that provides leadership to the program. In consultation with the Director of the Office of Continuing Studies, this group formulates the policies and procedures for program efficiency, effectiveness, and growth.
The Committees support the Advisory Council in accomplishing the goals and work of the program.
- The Program Committee decides on the breadth and types of courses to be offered each term, recruits qualified instructors, and recommends the array of program offerings to the Advisory Council and the Director of the Office of Continuing Studies.
- The Special Activities Committee plans and helps implement special events and non-core activities (e.g., social events and picnics).
- The Membership Development and Marketing Committee builds and sustains a strong and active membership. This body develops and implements a marketing plan to recruit and expand membership and promote the program’s educational offerings and events.
- The Facilities Committee. This committee shall maintain and provide to OCS a report on the condition of current venues for course delivery and recommend to the Advisory Council and OCS possible new venues for courses.
- The Class Hosts provide assistance in participant check-in and walk-in registrations, distributing handouts and course evaluation forms during events, setting up audio-visual equipment, as well as perform other class-related activities that may be assigned.
- The Finance and Development Committee reviews and makes recommendations on funding matters of LLP. This committee also develops sources of income such as grants, donations, and sponsorships to support the programs and activities of LLP.
If interested in becoming a committee member, please call (252) 328-9198 or complete this form.
Teach or Lead A Class
Would you like to share your expertise, skills, and/or special interests with our LLP members and other older adults? Teaching or leading a class, discussion group, or trip is an exciting learning opportunity, a rewarding experience, and a valuable contribution to our program. Call (252) 328-9198 to discuss your program idea or complete and submit a course proposal form.
If you are unable to teach, but know some qualified individuals who can be instructors for the program, please let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (252) 328-9198. You may also give us your course suggestions through this contact information or by completing this form.