Alumni Association announces Robert H. Wright recipients
(Apr. 27, 2005)
The East Carolina Alumni Association has selected five graduating seniors to receive the 2005 Robert H. Wright Alumni Leadership Award.
The award is the most prestigious presented to undergraduate students during spring commencement. It recognizes academic achievement, leadership and service to the university and the community.
“These five students have distinguished themselves with their exceptional academic and leadership performance,” said Paul Clifford, associate vice chancellor of ECU alumni relations. “We are proud to welcome them into the Alumni Association.”
This year’s recipients are:
- Matthew Simon Cook of Nashville, N.C., a biology major and Hispanic studies minor;
- Meredith Anne Hardison of Williamston, N.C., accounting major;
- Zachary Joel Harrison of Belhaven, N.C., majoring in chemistry, biochemistry and biology;
- Kyle Bradley Nichols of Mocksville, N.C., chemistry major;
- Brittany Kathryn Wilkerson of Cary, N.C., BFA in theatre arts, concentration in music theatre and professional acting.
The Robert H. Wright Alumni Leadership Award recipients will be recognized on May 6 at Celebrate Under the Stars, a tribute dinner for graduating seniors on the campus mall, and at the commencement ceremonies on May 7.