Disruptions Likely at Laupus
The Laupus Health Sciences Library will move to the new academic health center in May and June, resulting in temporary service disruptions. The library will be closed May 4 and will re-open May 22 in the new building. The move of the library’s print journal collection should be completed by mid-June.
The following indicate adjustments to library programs and services. All dates are based on current move timeline information and may change as schedules shift. Library staff will send notices with firm dates as they are confirmed.
• Circulation of library books, audio visual programs and anatomical models will stop after April 4, and is expected to resume May 22. Such items checked out on or before April 4 are due on April 18.
• Journal circulation will stop after April 28, and is expected to resume June 26. Items should be returned by May 2.
• While the library is closed, return materials in the book drops outside Brody. For questions regarding circulation, call 744-2219 or e-mail Vicki Daughtridge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Interlibrary loan and document delivery services may require up to a two-day delay. For urgent needs, contact document delivery at 744-2226. Patrons are asked to delay requests until June 1 if possible.
• The second floor service desk will close April 13. Staff will attempt to answer telephone questions (744-2230) and e-mail requests (http://www.hsl.ecu.edu/Services/asklibrarian.cfm). Delays may occur. Patrons with urgent needs should call the reference desk.
• Information services staff will work with instructors to schedule library skills classes. Classroom availability will determine where classes are held in May and June. Call the reference desk for details.
• Loans of laptops and digital cameras will end on April 21. The last day to submit poster printing requests is May 1. Posters must be picked up by May 3.